Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Whole New World (of tartar)

We got a new camera. A whole lot of new camera. It's baffling in its capacity. I feel like this littlest matryoshka, gazing a little stunned upon a new land of possibility.

Nesting dolls from my mother. I love them madly. The littlest here is about the size of a quarter. Good heavens.

I strongly advise my mother to stop reading here. Along with anyone else who has a stronger than usual aversion to rodents.

And this is the tarter on mouse teeth. No, serious. I found this gorgeous tiny skull in the garden. Here is the whole mandible (at least that's what I think it's called... and I think it's a mouse...I'm not really much of a biologist though):
And skull:
Love the tiny fur detail. Scott took the mousey pics, but clearly I no longer have an excuse in lack of camera-power.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Wash your hands!! your mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have turned into your father, or my mother, I'm not sure which!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit. I mean, I think I have a good camera (not THIS good) but I have no idea how to use it. Your husband will have to teach me someday. These pictures are INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, Megan. You're totally right. Never even entered my mind. Just seized the skull and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete